CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Photo Tag

Thanks Lisa W. for tagging me.

1. Go to my pictures
2. Go to your 6th folder
3. Select your 6th picture
4. Blog about it
5. Tag 6 friends

I tag whoever wants to do this!

Well my 6th folder is titles "Good Ole' Days" and it has pictures of my family when we were younger. Here is the 6th picture.



This is a good time to write a post I have needed to write for sometime. I really miss my mom. As soon as I saw which picture, tears filled my eyes. I must admit it has gotten harder to be without her as I have gotten older. I wish she were here to be a grandma to my kids because I know she would have been an awesome one! Don't get me wrong my kids are truly blessed to have so many people who love them. They have so many grandmas I can hardly count. However, there are just some days I really need to talk and it would just be nice to pick up the phone and call my mom. Her and I have gone through some tough times in live and I know she would have been a comfort to me. Her birthday is coming up the end of Feb so it is only fitting that the picture happens to be of her.
On that note I must say how grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I truly have a testimony of the power of prayer. And have relied on it to help comfort and strengthen me many times in my life. I am also thankful for the Savior and the great sacrifice he made for me that someday we will see those who have passed on again. I can't imagine the feeling I will have when that day comes and I am looking forward to seeing my family again.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh sweetie....I cannot even imagine how you feel. I know your mom misses you just the same! What a joyous reunion it will be when the two of your reunite again. You and your mom are so near and dear to my heart! I will never forget her influence on me in the dream I had about her (14 years ago) as it relates to the Gospel! ((HUGS)) my friend! :)

The Higgs' said...

Brandy that is such a sweet picture and post. I just loved your mom. She was so much fun. I know she is so proud of the wonderful mother and person you are and the sweet family you are raising. I am sure she wishes she could be there for you as well.

Brandy you are such a strong example of perseverance and strength. I don't know why we are challenged with the trials we are given, but you have risen above and beyond, and I know I look up to you for that. Many around you do. Love you.

The Lapuaho's said...

Oh Brandy you made me cry...You are such a strong person and I know many people including myself admire you. I love the picture of you and your mom and brother...many hugs!

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Your Welcome for the Tag. I never knew your mom but I always wanted to meet her and still do. Her kids have turned out amazing and have been a great example to me. They have taught me a lot of lessons in life. I truly look up to you and I love to read your blog. I wish we lived closer but at least we have blogs, and e-mail. Just so you know I am always here and only a phone call away. Your amazing keep your chin up and someday I am looking forward to you introducing me to your mom. I know that through the gospel that will happen what a blessing and comfort to know we are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us and through his Son we can be together forever.