CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

{Love & Logic}

I am taking a parenting class called love and logic, and I am really excited about it. I know I have a lot to learn about being a parent and I do a lot of things wrong. I have wanted to take a class like this for quite awhile and I finally had the chance. There is an awesome teacher here in Parowan that teaches the classes at Parowan Elementary and Enoch Elementary schools once a year. I highly recommend them. We have only been in class about two weeks now and still just getting into some of the concepts. I am really wanting to learn and make a change so I have tried to apply everything I've learned so far and I am excited to see the changes we have made already.
Just the other day Trey turns to me and says: "Mom can I ask you something"? "Sure" I replied. "Why all the sudden are you being a really good mom." I explained to him that I had a lot to learn about parenting and I was taking a class (which he knew)to help me be a better parent. I told him I was going to try really hard to be a better mom. He handed me a piece of paper and said "I drew this for you and was going to send it in to Dr. Phil, but now I don't think I need to so you can have it". I was laughing so hard. What a sweet boy he is. It almost broke my heart to know he thought I needed Dr. Phil, but on the other hand at least he cares for me enough to see me do better and succeed no matter what its at, and raising children is definitely an area we can not fail. So bring on Love and Logic, Dr. Phil, whatever! I am willing to get any advice I can when it comes to the upraising of our future generation. I am not perfect and I will make mistakes, but I am sure going to try and be a better mom!
So thank you Trey for caring about me enough to be honest with me and a big thank you to Mrs. Graff for helping be a better educated parent.
Enjoy my drawing I know I will:)


P.S. Didn't he do such a great job at the family pictures. Notice how Jim has no hair! I love it!

3 comments:

Marlies said...

I love learning about things like that. I read a book in College that has helped me out with parenting tremendously. It's call "The New Peoplemaking", by Virginia Satir. There are a lot of concepts that have helped me to be more understanding and loving to Braxton. It's a pretty big book, but it's one of the college books I kept because I learned so much and I am constantly refering to it.

M&M Frost said...

Brand- I'm sure you are an awesome mom! You are so fun to be around I bet your kids just think the world of you! But, if you do learn anything that is just fascinating and that would totally help us with raising Cale's- feel free to share it! Hope you're doing well! Love ya!

Jen said...

I tell you this all the time but I swear Trey is so much older than his time. :) Love you girl!