CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Labor Day Camping Kanosh Canyon!

Over labor day weekend we met up with a few friends and went camping up Kanosh canyon. We all had a good time and the kids got along great. Between the 3 families (Jen's, Lisa's, & ours) we had 11 kids (Jen brought a few extras)all under the age of eleven. 8-boys & 3-Girls. I was surprised how well they all got along and played together. As Jen stated on her blog a neighboring camp stole some of our wood and it was game on. The boys formed an alliance against them and spent a lot of the time sneaking around and hiding in the woods. Oh to be young again! They had such a great time and keep us laughing the entire weekend. We also enjoyed playing games, (although Derek kicked our butt. He is smart) looking at the stars, shooting bows, hiking, the boys went swimming, rode motorcycles, roasted marshmallows, etc. I hope this is the beginning of a new tradition and something we will do every year from now on. We love camping, but it is even greater to go camping with friends. I would like to thank the guys for coming. I am sure it was a little different for you since you don't know each other very well. Thank You!!! Wendy you missed out. Taunie we wished you could have stayed longer, but we also understand. We love to see you any chance we get.

I have lots of photos so I will post as seperate slide show enjoy!

2 comments:

The Higgs' said...

Those are great pics. I feel so bad we got bummed out by the weather. It would have been fun even though it would have been just for a day. I looks like you guys had a great time. Next year. But it is never too soon to start planning another get together right!!!

M&M Frost said...

Hi Brandi!
I'm so glad I got to see your blog-
your kids are darling! Are you still in Lehi? We just moved up to Bountiful and love it! Hope you are doing well! Love, Hancey!