CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am supposed to be cleaning!

I am supposed to be cleaning my house and every time I turn around there is a new mess. Aspyn was so proud when she came and told me she went pee in Trey's shoe and on Barney (her Barney ABC DVD). "Great." I said. After I cleaned up the mess she was so proud off (she even had to call dad and tell him of her great accomplishment). I was then informed Ridge was on the counter eating crayons. "He must have a crayola deficiency". I replied. "Just keep an eye on him and don't let him choke. Let me know which color is his favorite and I will try to get a coupon." No seriously I got the crayons picked up and tried to get back to cleaning, but that didn't last long. I come out of the bedroom and low and behold I find Ridge and Aspyn having a ball in the Kitchen sink. I could not believe it. Don't let the pictures fool ya. They were shooting the sprayer like a gun - all over the hardwood floor, and had plugged off the sink drain. The sink was almost over flowing when I caught em. Now I have seen them get into trouble and don't get me wrong, even several times in the same day. But they had managed to pull all this off in a couple hours. I must have been absent when we covered this section in the parenting class I took in college. I could not help but smile. I was afraid if I opened my mouth to far I might have said a naughty word. What a day, and it's not even close to over yet. I am a one man team trying to defend a zone and I am getting my butt kicked.


7 comments:

Heather said...

I shouldn't complain about my day!! Your's definately beats any of my bad days!

Lisa said...

I can't stop laughing! That is so dang funny! You know that I totally understand what you are dealing with, except that I don't have 2 little ones! I am glad that you just smiled and grabbed your camera because those are stinkin cute pics of them in the sink.

Skinner Family said...

I can relate, except I probably would have chosen to say the bad word (which Beau has started to say when something goes wrong) I don't even know why I try to mop my floor anymore. Did you get my email about a family reunion?

Jen said...

I LOVE it!!!! I can't help but smile when I se these pictures! The little ones make so many fun memories for us - and messes too!

Marlies said...

That one had me laughing good. I am so sorry about your struggles. I am glad that you were able to have a sense of humor and lighten them though. I'll have to have kent read that one!
BTW it may only be 1/4 the struggle you have but I do feel your pain.

Lori John said...

Hi friend! I secretly read your blog now and then, and really wanted to say hi. Your kids are adorable!! Your little girl looks just like you it cracks me up, and reminds me of when we were little. The pics of them in the sink were too cute. I coudn't help but think of what a kick your mom is getting watching them get into mischief just like YOU did!! You are one of the most amazing people I know brandy. thank you for being such a shining example of strength, love, courage, and FUN FUn and more Fun. love ya, L

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Brandy that is awesome and you even
held your cool long enough to take a picture. If you are wondering about me I am to. My internet is dial-up since moving I am not patient enough to use it. But I can see if I was more patient I would laugh more.