CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Experience I will Never Forget!

Well I had tickets for Trey and I to go see "Saturdays Warriors" and the new "White Star" musicals down at St George on Monday night. It turned out Monday was a really bad day. Trey and I were both at our wits end. I really did not want to go and Trey really didn't deserve to go, but I had already bought the tickets and I didn't want them to go to waste so off we went. It was the best production ever.I had never seen Saturday Warrior live, but I loved the movie. It was great we laughed, cried and laughed some more. I loved White Star as well. The spirit was so strong and it was such a great experience. I am so glad we went. The whole way home Try and I were able to talk about the second coming, the atonement, being a family forever, etc. Trey's ability to understand the second coming and aspects of eternal life amaze me and he is always shocking me by asking questions that I sometimes don't know myself. I swear he is so much stronger than I am and I am sure he was sent to me to be my strength. We were talking about how he misses his dad "Nate" and I told him "I miss my mom and that there are times I wish I could call my mom on the phone with a question or just to talk." (I was trying to let him know that he will always miss him and that is ok). Trey turned to me grabbed my hand and said, "If you miss your mom you just call me. I'll talk to you. I know how stressfull it can be raising young kids these days". I thought I was going to laugh right out loud. It was the cutest thing ever. I told him thank you and that I loved him. All in all it was a night I will never forget.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you and Trey had a great bonding moment together!! I'm also glad I as able to talk with you that day too! :)
Love ya!

Lisa said...

What a neat experience. I am glad that it all worked out for you guys, and that you could relax and let the spirit in. That sounds like something I need to go see. You are SUCH a great mom, you truly amaze me.

Marlies said...

You have me teary-eyed thinking about Trey missing his dad. He is such a sweet young man. I am so thankful for have a fabulous family to have married into. Thanks for sharing that experience.