CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

24th July - Kanosh

(I could not sleep last night so I finally got a chance to catch up my blog we have just been to busy. So I have a few new posts.)

I just love the 24th of July it is one of my favorite holidays. This year was even better because Jim was actually here. He is usually gone scouting and never here for the 24th, but this year he stayed. Kanosh goes all out for the 24th of July and has activities going on almost all day. It starts off that morning with a 5K run which Sara took first in her age group. Then there is the best little parade ever. After the parade there is a lunch at the park followed by games and races. To finish off the day there is a BBQ dinner and dance with a live band. I love to see the kids having fun and building the same memories I grew up with. Every year it gets bigger and bigger.

Jim about killed me for this one. This has been my new hobby is making tutus. I have had a lot of fun and Aspyn loves em. The one Ridge has on is for Aspyns cousin. Aspyn was gone and came back with her lovely make up she put on so she could be pretty for the picture.


Aspyn in her red, white and blue tutu.

The girls in their tutus.

I love this picture of Randi & Kyler.

Brock was not so lucky in the egg toss.

Shantel & Trey (Egg Toss Winners)

Bailey won her race

Brock won his race


Trey & Bailey Tug-O-War

Tildon & Easton

Going for a ride on the buggy


Greased Pig Chase

Troy & Aspyn clean up well for the dance.

Aspyn loved dancing!

What a fun way to end a great day by dancing the night away!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I am so jealous! Cokeville has a big celebration so we stay here. It is one of the few times you can find big excitement here. I miss Kanosh.

Sandy said...

I love the tutus. Sooo cute!

Marlies said...

Kent and I were really looking forward to joining you guys. I wish that we could have been there. It's become my favorite holiday too because of Kanosh. I'm glad to see that you all had a good time. I really hope that nothing ruins our plans to come next year! *crossing fingers*